Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Official Final Week as a Two-Year-Old

This is the week where I say tooda-loo to Two.
Hiya, Friends! Today is kind of a bittersweet, special day for me, and I'll tell ya why. 

Today marks the beginning of my final week as a Two-Year-Old.  I've really enjoyed bein' Two, you know, Friends?  Two has been really fun.  Two-and-a-Half was really, extra, super-duper fun!  I've gotten to do so many new things as a Two-Year-Old.  Two has kind of gotten to be my friend over the last year, and it makes me sad to hafta say good-bye and move on.

I just don't know what to expect from Three, Friends.  I know a lot more will be expected of me, once I turn Three.  I have a feeling this whole potty thing is gonna become a much bigger issue for me, once I'm Three.  I'm not lookin' forward to all that.  I mean, it was an issue ever since I turned Two, but I've heard from other Little Kids that now that I'm Three, the potty thing is gonna be pushed on me, because Mommies and Daddies don't think it's so cute to have a Three-Year-Old who doesn't use the potty.  I'm kinda panicking, really.  I mean, I feel like stuff is about to get REAL with me and the potty, and I'm terrified of havin' an accident.  As a Two-Year-Old, it was okay.  I don't think Big People think it's okay for a Three-Year-Old.

And I bet you thought it was an act of defiance, all this time, me stickin' with my dideys. 

That's just one reason I'm kinda sad about leavin' Two behind.  See, I can't help but notice I'm outgrowin' some of my favorite clothes.  Some of my favorite shoes don't fit me at all, anymore.  And that makes me sad.  New things are nice, but I my favorite clothes are... well, my favorites.  They're like old friends, and seein' them come off their hangers and go into the plastic bin makes me sad.

It makes me wonder what'll happen when I outgrow my wonderful, simple Toddler Life, you know?  I know every birthday is one birthday closer to the day when I'm not a Toddler anymore, when I'm not a Preschooler anymore, but a Kindergartener.  Three more years, and I'll be in school.  I'm halfway through my Preschoolhood, and I know I'm lucky, because I get another extra year, on accounta bein' late on bein' born, but time's ticking away on me, nonetheless.  I just don't know what to expect outta that stage of my life, and it gives me a little anxiety.

I know I need to pull myself together, Friends.  But for right now, I'm gonna be a little sad about this bein' my Last Week of Bein' Two.

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment