Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Farewell, Sweet September!

September is the best of both worlds: Summer and Fall.
Well, Friends, we've come to the end of September already.  Of all the -Brrr months, I think September is my favorite. 

Why?  Well, the obvious reason is that my birthday is in September, and I really love my birthday.  In fact, Mommy's birthday is in September, and Pop-Pop's birthday is in September.  Pop-Pop's birthday is just a coupla days after mine!  So September brings us a lot of opportunities to perfect our cake-eating skills. 

But besides birthdays, I love September for other reasons.  I love September because it's the perfect balance between Summer and Fall.  There's still nicey warm days where I can wear my summer clothes, unassisted by my long-sleeved undershirts and BabyLegs, but there's a nice crispiness in the air sometimes.  We pretty much don't hafta worry about snowy weather in September, which can't be said for the other -Brrrrrrr months.  I realize that as soon as we flip the calendar over tomorrow morning, all bets are off, weather-wise, at least in my neck of the woods.

I have my snowsuit and snow boots at the ready, just in case.  I'm not bein' pessimistic, Friends; I'm being prepared.  But it kinda breaks my heart that we'll hafta be thinkin' about bundling up every time we think of going outside now.  I love bein' able to just step right out onto the porch on a lark.

Don't get me wrong.  Tomorrow, I'll be singing a different tune.  I'll be thinking about all the wonderful things about October and the other Brrrrr months.  But today, I wanna indulge in just a little bit of melancholy for the passing of the Month of September.  Especially because it feels like we JUST got here.  You know what I mean, Big People?  It feels like just yesterday it was August Thirty-First!  I don't even know where the entire month of September went.  Are we sure we got all 30 of our September days?  Did anyone check the packing slip?

You know what we should all do, Friends?  We should all get out there and enjoy this last day of September 2014, mmmkay?  September was a really beautiful month for us, and we ought to send it on its way in festive fashion.  I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment