Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Toddler Imaging

Does this look like a Comic Sans kind of face to you?
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Saturday to you!  You know, people have been talking to me a lot about my image and how I present myself on behalf of The Daily Zoe, both in the form of this weblog and over on my picture-show on the Facebook.  The possibility of business cards has been bandied about. 

I think that's a GREAT idea, Friends, but I want my branding to reflect who I am, not who people think I need to be.  A business card is kind of ... well, my calling card to the world.  It's a big 'Hiya, Big People!'  and I wanna get it just right... color, font, content, graphics.

I don't wanna look like an amateur when I hand over my literal calling card to the world!  I don't want it to be gimmicky, but I don't wanna blend in with the other toddlers, either.

That's why I think I'll eschew anything that looks like it was drawn with a crayon.  That's too obvious.  Especially if the crayon scrawling has been done in primary crayon colors.  Also, I will avoid letters that look like building blocks.  Also too obvious, along with chalkboard fonts and things spelled out in baby-beads.

Those are only the most obvious choices I don't want. I also wouldn't want Comic Sans MS or Curlz MT or any of those handwrite-y looking fonts.  I'm kind of leaning toward Harrington for my name with Helvetica for all my stats-n-information.  But I'm not sure.

There's a lot that goes into Toddler Imaging, Friends!  People perceive my people as volatile, loud, stinky, overly cutesy, simple-minded, easily-distracted, stinky, and loud.  Among other things.  And as an ambassador of the Toddler Federation, my calling card to the world, my business card, needs to counteract all those preconceived notions your people have of my people. 

I have a lot, lot, LOT to do!  So I'd better get back to it for today!  I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmmkay?  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment