Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Reinforcements

I see you, Elves on Shelves, and raise you two Jack O'Lanterns!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Thursday to you!

So after yesterday's time I spent as a kid-size Elf on a Shelf, my opinion remains unchanged about them.  In turn, their insistence on submitting my name to Santa's Naughty List remains steadfast as well, even though no Elf is on any of the shelves in my house!  How would these Elves who are not on my shelves know whether I'm bein' naughty or nice?

Normally, Santa Claus himself would step in and put an end to this, but this is right the heck during his busy season!  He doesn't have time for this!  In fact, when I told Santa Claus that I thought the Elves on Shelves were welching on our agreement, on accounta I DID spend the day as an Elf on a Shelf, and they said if I did, they'd stop sending Santa the nuisance Naughty Reports on me, however the Elves on Shelves told Santa that although that was how they worded it to me, what they MEANT was that in order for them to stop the Naughty Reports, I needed to spend a day as an Elf on a Shelf AND write a blog post saying that I was entirely wrong about the Elves on Shelves, that I now appreciate what they do, that I had no idea their jobs were so hard, and that I'm very, very sorry for ever trying to stir up a Little Kid rebellion against them.

It's kinda funny, but I didn't even KNOW I was tryin' to incite a rebellion!

Anyways, back to me and Santa.  When I was tellin' him all this, he got a little snippy, which is unusual for Santa Claus, but he said "Zoe, I know all this, but I don't have TIME for this nonsense right now!  You need to sort this out with the Elves on Shelves!"

Then he went back to work in his workshop, which is how it should be, this time of year, I suppose, but he didn't say HOW I was supposed to sort this out with the Elves on Shelves, especially since there appears to be no reasoning with them, and no middle ground!  I either have to agree with them a hundred percent, or they're going to keep filing those bogus Naughty Reports, giving me a bad name and clogging up Santa's Naughty and Nice Reporting System!

So here's what I did.  I enlisted the help of my friends the Jack O'Lanterns.  Irish lads.  You may remember them from my Halloween Display.  The Jack O'Lanterns don't care for the Elves on Shelves much.  They were thrilled to have the opportunity to help me take these infernal shelf-sitting elves down a shelf or two, but they haven't told me how they're going to do so, and I'm not going to ask.  You just let the O'Lanterns do their thing when you ask for their help.

I'm still baffled as to why having a dissenting opinion and voicing it equates to bein' naughty, though, Big People.  Especially when I voice my dissenting opinion on my very own blog.  But.  The O'Lanterns are on it, and I feel like I can breathe a little easier already.

You have a good day, Friends!  I know I will!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment