Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Pet Store Right in the Wegmans!

Why, I came to the store for some tortillas, but I might just leave with a new pet!
Friends, I betchya didn't know you could go right to the grocery store and get all your eating essentials AND pick up a nice, aquatic pet while you're at it.  It's true.  I'm gonna let you in on an insider secret right now.  So pay attention!

You see, if you venture to the back part of the grocery store, next to where they have the fish and meat and such, there's a bubbly tank fulla lobsters, ready to go home with you and live in your fish tank.  They keep 'em back by the fish and meat so that the State doesn't come in and bust 'em for sellin' pets in a food shop, but there they are.  I think the cool kids call this 'keepin' it on the down-low.'

All's you've gotta do is ask and show the man your money, and you can take home a pet lobster or two.  Or as many as you wanna take home.  How about that?!  That's one-stop shopping at its finest, right there.

Of course, Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me pick out a crustacean friend.  Yes, I'm still campaigning for a pet lobster that I wanna name Lerbert.  And Mommy and Daddy are still thwarting my efforts, although they've finally given up on trying to convince me that I have a severe lobster dander allergy.  So now it's Game On.  We're being honest.  I'm being honest that I'd like a pet lobster, and they're being honest that they're both a couple of world-class buzzkills in that they won't let me have one.

But now that there's a little honesty going around, I know who I'm talking to, and I can work around their objections.

Mark my words, Friends.  One of these days, I'm gonna have a pet lobster named Lerbert.  It'll be glorious.  Until then, I'll just hafta keep looking, and admiring from afar.


No comments:

Post a Comment