Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Zoe's Techno Rewind: Magic Eye Pictures

Wahoo!  I saw the Magic Picture!
Hiya, Friends!  For today's Zoe's Techno Rewind, I'm going to talk about Magic Eye Pictures.  Do you remember those, Friends?

I don't remember them personally.  But I guess they were Big Fun in the mid-nineties.  And in case you're like me and you need an explanation, the Magic Eye Pictures looked like a crazy, abstract repeating pattern on the paper.  And that's pretty neat in itself. 

But what you had to do was make your eyes go all funny, and all of a sudden, a three-dimensional picture would pop out at you from inside the abstract repeating pattern!

Not everybody could do the Magic Eye Pictures, so it was great fun for the people who could see them to really brag up their Magic Eye Picture-seeing abilities to those poor lost souls who couldn't see the Magic Eye pictures.  And those poor people spent the craze feeling frusterated and angry, because it didn't matter if you could do all kinds of other cool things.  If you couldn't see the Magic Eye pictures, you were just not very cool at all.

Hmmm.  Kind of like being a kid my age, and bein' able to know all the letters, and knowin' how to count past nineteen unassisted, and knowin' how to use scissors and crayons and make pretty pictures, and all kinds of other cool things, but havin' all that cool stuff be moot, just because I am not ready to use the potty. 

That's right.  I turned Techno Rewind Tuesday into something political.  Friends, if you haven't nagged me about using the potty, I sincerely apologize.  I guess you know I know how those people who can't see Magic Eyes usedta feel in the 1990s.  Except add in a buncha angry along with it. 

Oh, Friends, I need to go do something else, or I'm gonna be all angry and upset all over again.  I love ya lots, but I'm just about to have a moment, so I'll hafta wanna tell ya I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment