Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Techno Rewind: Trapper Keeper!

Oh my gosh! I don't wanna go around with a plain binder when I can have a Trapper Keeper!
Hiya, Big People!  Welcome to this week's Techno Rewind!  Today, I'm talking about the Trapper Keeper.  There's Trapper Keepers now that you can buy, but I'm talking about the good old Trapper Keepers like from when my Mommy was a kid. 

Do you remember Trapper Keepers, Friends?  Didja HAVE one?  From what I understand, all the cool kids had a Trapper Keeper, and so did all the not cool kids.  It was better not to have at all one of the colorful three-ring binders and wonderfully coordinated textbooky folders than it was to have a generic Trapper Keeper that wasn't a Trapper Keeper at all, but was a wannabe.

What made the Trapper Keeper cool, I understand, was that you could have a different folder inside for every subject.  Your papers wouldn't fall outta the folders.  The folders themselves had times tables and conversion charts and little fact-snacks on the inside flaps.  You could put a three-ring-punched pouch in your Trapper Keeper and keep your pens and pencils and Grimace eraser from McDonalds in the pouch.  All nicey organized like that. 

The thing that differentiated the Trapper Keepers from the 1980s, the Trapper Keepers I'm talking about today, from the Trapper Keepers you can still get at Amazon (yes! They're Back!), is that those early Trapper Keepers had bright pictures and artwork on them, stock from the factory.  They were SO COOL!  Today's Trapper Keepers are pretty plain, but you can add in your own artwork and photographs. 

You know, when I get to thinking about it, Trapper Keepers kinda were like an early, analog version of Evernote.  You know what I'm saying?  You Big People could store little bits of your information inside your Trapper Keeper, and the Trapper Keeper could keep it safe for you.  Even though you had to have your Trapper Keeper on your person in order to access your stuff inside, it was all right there for you, even if the electric was out!

Friends, Trapper Keepers are a technological rewind I'm happy to endorse.  I'm choosing my very own Trapper Keeper right now.  I'm going for a purple one, and I'm gonna doll it all up with original artwork by ME!  How about that?!  See ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment