Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Superhero Problems

I forget where I put the keys to my invisible helicopter!
Friends, I don't know if you know this, but I moonlight sometimes as a superhero.  It's true.  I have a pink cape and an invisible helicopter and everything. 

Bein' a superhero is not without its own set of amusing little pratfalls, however, Friends, and by 'amusing little pratfalls,' what I really mean is 'annoying stuff I wish I could have not happen.'

For instance, my sidekick, WonderPup, doesn't realize she's the sidekick.  She thinks she's the superhero and I'm the sidekick.  Can you imagine the tension this causes in our relationship?  Especially when it comes time to fly the invisible helicopter? 

And then there's the whole naptime-bedtime debate with Mommy.  Doesn't she realize that the best superheroin' to do occurs precisely when I'm going to my nap or going to bed for the night?  Doesn't she get that?  You'd think that the pink cape would make her realize that I'm part of something bigger than sleepin', but she doesn't.  And the incessant naps and sleeps are really hurting my super career!

The most annoying thing I have to put up with, though, concerns the invisible helicopter.  I actually don't forget where I park it, because when I'm superheroing, I can see invisible things that are meant to be invisible (like hidden Christmas presents!  Ha!)  My problem turns out to be that I can never remember where the keys to the invisible helicopter are.  They're always gettin' misplaced. 

And if you think WonderPup ever lets me hear the end of THAT, well... she doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment