Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you, Friends!
Well, hiya, Big People!  Happy Easter to you! 

You know, where I live, the weather at Eastertime can be fairly fractious, and today's no exception.  I could get all mad about it, get all disgusted that I can't wear a frilly little lace dress and sandals for Easter, unless I wanna be a Zoecicle, but what I've decided to do instead is just roll with it.

If ya think about it the right way, Easter candy affords the very kind of versatility I need, to maintain a good attitude. 

Why, sure.  Bear with me, and I'll tell ya all about it!

In years when Easter's a warmer, sunny day that does allow for the wearin' of frilly little lace dresses and sandals, chocolate bunnies and marshmella Peeps are excellent for eatin' just the way they are.  And jelly beans?  Heck, jelly beans round out the meal by adding a much-needed colorful legume component to the festive fare.

Yes, jelly beans are legumes.  Other beans like butterbeans and kidney beans and garbanzo beans are legumes, therefore, so are jelly beans.  They say 'beans' right in their name, so they must be related, even if only by the coattails.  Try to keep up, Big People, and not interrupt so much.  It derails my entire Easter Train of Thought!

On these cold Easters, though, that same chocolate bunny is simply divine, melted down and mixed with a little milk and extra sugar, to make a wonderful hot cocoa.  Then whatchya do is float a couple-three... make that a whole four-pack of marshmella Peeps up on top- I like the white ones best for this purpose, but you can choose any color you want- and there ya have it.  Festive Eastertime hot chocolate!

If you really want your hot beverage to reflect the type of weather that's happening outside, take a can of Reddi Wip and garnish the heck outta that hot chocolate.  Make it look like a giant cuppa snow-bank.

And of course, you wanna eat your legumes, even if - nay, especially if it's cold outside.  So help yourself to your jelly beans.

How about that, Big People?  Don't delay!  Skedaddle over to your Easter basket and get cookin' your cocoa!  It isn't gettin' any warmer today!

I love ya lots!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Happy Easter, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment