Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Polopony Races

No, I'm pretty sure it's 'polopony.'
Hiya, Friends!

With it bein' a Sunday in Springtime, after all, I've decided to take up a new sport: racin' my polopony Sparky.

Now, when I made this announcement earlier, I was "corrected" and told that Sparky is a polo pony.  I hate bein' corrected when I'm so clearly right.  Sparky is not, in fact, a 'poh-loh pohnee.'  He is a polopony, and you pronounce it 'puh-LOP-uhny.'  On accounta Sparky and I don't play this polo game.  We race in the actual Polopony Races. 

I can see how Big People could be confused.  The Polopony Races are a little bit similar to a game of polo, in that we ride ponies and we bat at balls with sticks, but insteadda Polopony Racers usin' a polo stick, we use broomsticks, and insteadda all of us fightin' over the ball, we all kinda race and hafta keep the ball rolling ahead of the pack of racing Poloponies by givin' the ball a whack with our brooms.

Of course, the point is still to win the Polopony Race by crossin' the finish line first, but thing of it is, no Polopony can cross the finish line before the ball does, or nobody wins!  On one hand, Polopony Racing is an every-polopony-for-him-or-herself free-for-all, but on the other hand, all the competitors are also on the same team, united against the common enemy that is the ball, which tries its darndest to let the packa racin' poloponies get far enough ahead of it so they all cross the line first and get the race disqualified.

It's a lotta fun to watch, and even more fun to participate in, Friends.  It really is! 

So that's what I'm doin' with my Sundays these days.  Polopony Races. 

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment