Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wheat Berries Are Not Berries

You can't even make JAM outta wheat berries!
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, I'm once again wiser but sadder.  This time it's wheat berries that I have misinterpreted the true nature of and have been let down.

It's true.  I tried wheat berries with my heart all fulla hope and my mouth all set for something juicy, but wheaty... I don't know.  Maybe something a little like bread-flavored, juicy strawberries, with a little sweetness to 'em. 

What I got was a handfulla something that was more like uncooked rice that's cooked a little bit on the raw side of done... You know, just the very edgiest edge of the brutal cruncha raw rice was taken off, with these wheat berries.  They weren't juicy.  They sort of tasted like bread, but I think that's because wheat berries go into bread.  I guess there was a little sweetness to 'em.  If ya used your imagination, anyways.

Friends, I'm so disappointed in my whole wheat berries experience that I'd like to petition the Wheat People to change their name to something else.  I don't know what they oughtta change the name to.  That's the problem of the Wheat People.  But I'd suggest 'Hard Little Wheat Kernels.'  That's more truthful advertising than callin' 'em berries.  Boyo Boy.

Hey.  I'm gonna go eat a marshmella or two, Friends.  I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmkay?!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment