Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Bad Mood Kid

I pretty much meant it when I said I was sorry.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you! 

Well, ya know, I have my moods, just like anybody else does.  That doesn't mean I'm a bad little kid or that I'm better than anyone else, but it just means that I have lotsa moods, and they all take a turn runnin' through me, and some of 'em are nicer than others.

The other day, I was havin' just a rotten time.  It was Monday.  My fun weekend was over.  I had to have my hair washed.  I HATE havin' my hair washed.  I had to stop playing a game that I love to play in order to hop in the tub and have my hair washed.  I hate havin' to stop playing games that I love.  So this set me up for a fit of meanness.

So I get in the tub, and Mommy helped me brush my teeth.  I wasn't in the mood to be in the tub in the first place, so brushing my teeth was a major imposition.  Then she told me to tip my head back so she could get my hair wet.  I didn't want to.  I didn't want my hair wet or washed, and I told her so, and she said I hadn't had my hair washed all weekend long, and that I'd better tip my head back, or she was gonna just dump the water over my head.  I didn't think she dared, because I hate it when water gets in my face, and she knows that!  So I didn't tip my head back.

Well, danged if Mommy didn't just go ahead and dump the water right over my head.  I screamed and told Mommy I hate her.  Hate her.  She didn't even flinch.  She wiped the water out of my face, grabbed up the shampoo, and started washing my hair.  THE NERVE OF HER!  Washing my hair, like I hadn't JUST told her I didn't want my hair washed and that I hate her.  So I screamed and cried like she was pullin' my hair on purpose, even though she wasn't pulling my hair.  One of these times when I do that, she'll stop washing my hair, for fear that she's pulling my hair.  One of these times, that'll work.  But it didn't work on Monday.  She just kept washing my hair... and she sudsed it up TWICE, no less!

And then she told me if I didn't stop fussing, I wasn't gonna get to play with my bath toys and I was gonna hafta get out of the tub as soon as she got my hair rinsed.  But she'd drawn all that water, and she wouldn't let it go to waste, just because I was fussing, so I kept on.  Boy, I had a good head of rage worked up while she rinsed my hair the second time, and probably said I really, really hate her.  I can't remember.  I was in the heat of a hot moment, there.

So then, do you know what she did?!  That's right.  She let the water right the heck outta the tub, soon's I had all the suds out of my hair!  And when I tried to get to the stopper again and stop the water from going down the drain, she reached in and let the water back out!

Just for that, I didn't help Mommy dress me.  I fought her, every garment of the way.  You bet I did.  And I screamed every single time the comb pulled my hair, even just a little bit, because Mommy deserved to hear me scream.  Then she got my hair all done and told me I could go downstairs.  I told HER to go away, and that I don't like her, and that I wish I just had Daddy, not Mommy.

So I wound up taking quite a nap on Monday.  A two-parter.  Nap and sequel nap.  Once I woke up, I realized I was probably pretty mean to Mommy, when really, I shoulda just been mean. Or maybe irritated.  I shouldn't have told her I hate her, and that I wish I just had Daddy, not Mommy.  I felt genuinely bad about that.

Anyways, the point of all this is that we all have our bad moods, Big People.  Even your pal Zoe.  I'm mostly a nice kid, but I have my mornings.  You know how it is.  I try not to be so mean!

I hope ya still love me, even if my halo's kinda crooked this week.  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment