Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Dang Ol' Imaginatron 2100!

My favorite Imaginatron is still the good ol' 2100-B
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, I wear many hats, and one of those many hats I wear is that I'm a test pilot for the Imaginatron company.  I get to test Imaginatrons before they go to showrooms and distributors, galaxy-wide.

My most-frequently tested model is the 2100, although I've had the privilege to test out the enormous X400 as well as the extremely portable and super entry-level helmet version, the IRI550.  In case you're wondering, IRI stands for "Imaginary Reality Interface," and all Imaginatrons run on Imaginary Reality Interface, but the IRI550 doesn't have much else to it besides the Imaginary Reality Interface.  I mean, it's pretty much like a box you put on your head.  It shuts out the outside world for you, so you can get your imagination on, but you're probably going to be using it as a helmet for a spacewalk while using another Imaginatron model or two as your scenery and vehicle, or you're going to be using the IRI550 as something of a virtual reality-imaginary reality mashup while you're sitting quietly.

You know, not to brag, but I was the test pilot who tried out whether or not an Imaginatron pilot could use a series of models in tandem for optimized Imaginatron play.  It's true.  I was just kickin' around the dang ol' proving grounds one day, got bored, there was an enormous X400, so I grabbed a good ol' 2100-B and an IRI550, dialed myself up a space adventure, took off in the 2100, and darned if I didn't blow a booster, soon's I got into space.  Well, I put on the IRI550, hopped out of the 2100, fixed the booster, and was on my way.  Got back to the proving grounds, safe and sound!

I know it can seem kinda silly, that I take playin' so seriously, but thing of it is, Friends, when you're a Little Kid like me, playin' should be serious work.

Hey. I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment