Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Even Zoe Nodded

Not all my jokes are winners, either, Biff!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Friday to you!

Hey, didja even know that sometimes, even I can't get a laugh out of a carefully-crafted joke?  It's true.

Here's a little backstory.  I got to feelin' bad the other day about pickin' on Biff Tannen for messin' up a good one-liner the way he does.  This ribbing was definitely coming from a place of love, since I love all the characters from Back to the Future, even Biff, but I got to thinkin' that if Biff were readin' my weblog, and maybe missed the nuance and subtlety in my language, he might think I was just another butthead, and I can assure Mr. Tannen and everyone else, this kid is no butthead!

Anyways, I love Biff's messed-up one-liners, on accounta sometimes, even MY jokes aren't received as I intended them to be.  Sometimes, even I mess up a one-liner!  It's true!

As a recent example of a joke of mine, that I hand-crafted as carefully as a burger is carefully hand-crafted at the dang ol' Red Robin, yielding disappointing results was when I was wearing the outfit referenced in today's picture.  It's a little bolero jacket with puffed sleeves, and I had on a pair of my BabyLegs jeans that fit me like capri leggings now.  Aunt Colleen said I looked like a little football player, so in my The Daily Zoe Facebook Picture Show, I mentioned this story, and then carefully hand-crafted my joke, in the following manner:

I see how Aunt Colleen would think I look like a football player in this outfit, and if I WERE a football player, I wouldn't wanna be the quarterback or the linebacker or even the forward-back.  I'd wanna be the kicker, so that when people saw me coming in my sporty football outfit, they could nod to me, say, 'Hey, here comes the kicker!' and be humorously right!  Get it?!  I'd BE the kicker, which is quite a kicker!

You know how that joke went over, Friends?  It went over about as well as an egg you think is hard-boiled, but it isn't, so when you accidentally drop it on the counter, it just goes splat and makes a mess.  That is the visual and auditory representation of how that joke went over, Friends.

So, Biff, if you're readin' this, and I really hope you are, don't you feel bad for a minute about your messed-up one-liners.  Even a comedic genius such as myself doesn't have a hundred-percent return rate on my jokes.  And besides, your messed-up jokes make me laugh and laugh.  I love ya, ya big palooka!

I love all of you, too, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Tell yourselves 'there goes the kicker!' for me! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment