Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ookie and Me

Ookie is a Good Friend and understands what it's like to have a broken arm!
Hiya, Big People!  Well, as I told ya the other day, I broke my arm, ridin' my bike off the dang ol' couch in the living room.

Yesterday, I had a cast put on my arm, and it's gonna heal up before I even know it.  The PA said I'd have my cast on for only two weeks, probably!

I got a special new friend on Thursday, who showed up while I was takin' my nap.  I woke up, and there he was.  His name is Ookie, and he has a broken arm, too.  He's a monkey.  He went to my doctor's appointment at the orthopedic surgeon's place with me.

Ookie and I both have learned our lessons.  We're not gonna ride our bikes or monkey motorcycles off furniture anymore. And if I ever forget, Ookie's gonna remind me.  He's a permanent part of my stuffed animal family now!

As for Ookie, he sure fits in good around here.  He says that even though his arm is broken and in a sling, it doesn't hurt so much.  He can do everything with his left hand.  He said I oughtta practice usin' my left hand, too, while I have my cast on.  Then maybe I can be both-handed!  I thought that sounded pretty neat!

Anyways, Friends, I'm not hurting.  I have a cast.  I have my marchin' orders for how to keep it clean and dry.  I have my checkup appointment all set up.  I'm gonna be Just Fine. 

I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment