Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Big People! Go Vote!

Big People, go vote.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, would you believe that it's Election Day already again?  Have you gone out and voted?

You know, in my Little Big Board Book of History, I read that back in the 1990s, MTV had a campaign called "Rock the Vote."  I had to do some serious research to figure out what MTV had to do with anything "Rock" or voting, because now I think of MTV as "The Reality Show Channel."

But the whole "Rock the Vote" thing back in the 1990s was MTV, which was actually a MUSIC station back then, and their whole campaign to get young people involved in the democratic process.  They wanted the young people to go vote!

Now, I did some math, and I realized that those young people in the 1990s are now the Old Enough To Know Better people of today.  Those people are like my parents' age!  Sheesh!

But all you Big People oughtta know that today, you should go and vote if you're allowed.  I would LOVE to vote and get to have a say in things, but I hafta wait fifteen more years.  That's a lot of time.

So Big People, Friends, please think of us Little Kids today and go vote.  It makes a difference.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots.  I really do!  NOW GO VOTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment