Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Is that the smoke detector or the timer?  Is my pie baked?
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thanksgiving to you!  Are ya watchin' the parade?  Is your turkey in the oven yet?  Or maybe you're fryin' your turkey this year.  Did you read all the instructions on how to fry your turkey?  The fire department would thank you for not starting a grease fire in your driveway today, Friends. 

You know, I was reading that there's this phenomenon that some people like to cook for big feasts.  It's called a "Turducken."  It's a chicken wrapped in a duck wrapped in a turkey. 

Personally, I don't have anything against sucha Frankenpoultry project as this, but I would have called it the "CluckDucKey" insteadda the "Turducken."

Because, yes.  Think about it, Friends?  "CluckDucKey" just sounds cuter than "Turducken."  Also, do you really wanna eat something that is spelled "Tee-You-Are-Dee?" right at the beginning of it like that?  Do you know what that spells?  I do, and I know I don't wanna hafta think about it at the beginning of my meal.  AmIRight?  And if you're writing about the Turducken, and you run out of room at the end of the line, and you have to hyphenate, it can just get all kinds of interesting in the wrong kind of way, Friends.

But, hey.  To each his or her own.  If you're havin' a Turducken for your Thanksgiving Dinner, party on.  As for me, I'm plannin' on loading the heck up on pumpkin pie and spray-whipped cream.  Huzzah!

And Happy Thanksgiving to you!  I love ya, Friends!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment