Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Week Extravaganza!

I love cranberry sauce!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Monday the Twenty-Fourth, which means it's the Week of Thanksgiving, and this is also the final Monday in the Month of November.  Black Friday is THIS Friday, and a week from today is Cyber Monday.  In other words, things are about to get hard-core in the Christmas Preparation Department. (Psssst.... have I directed you to my Amazon Wishlist?  Just sayin'...)

Anyway, Christmas is about to take over our lives after Thursday, I'd like to spend a little time focusing on Thanksgiving in the next few days.  I'd like to talk about things that are really uniquely Thanksgiving.

Today, I'm thinking about cranberry sauce, which I s'pose can show up at any meal, any time of the year, but I think cranberry sauce and Thanksgiving are a winning pair, don't you?  And I'm not prejudice about which cranberry sauce I eat.  I like the cranberry sauce that's like jelly, and when ya dump it out of the can, it's still in the shape of the can.  I also like the more relish-y cranberry sauce that has all kindsa things to chew up in it.

If cranberry sauce showed up at, say, a Fourth of July picnic, I wouldn't be mad or anything.  But I'd put a whole big glob of it in my mouth and think of Thanksgiving.  That's what would happen. 

Friends, do you have anything that just says "Thanksgiving!" to you?  Maybe we can raise awareness of this wonderful but overlooked holiday that's sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas by focusing on the things that make Thanksgiving so special.  What do you think?

I think I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends.  I love ya lots.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment