Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Line Dancin'

This song is gonna be stuck in my head all day!
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, ya know, I've had a lifelong love of dance.  I like to do interpretive dance, ballet dance, jazz dance, freestyle dance, and aerobic dance... just to name a few.

But I've never tried line dancing!

So I suited myself up in my line outfit- chevron stripes and a pink tutu-skirt are a MUST!  and I put on my pink cowgirl boots, and decided to put on some line-dancin' music and just learn this thing!  The music I picked was 'Achy Breaky Heart.'

Friends, the dancing part was really fun!  I took along some of my Little Giraffe friends, and we were all quick studies, mastering the moves of the dance called the Achy Breaky.  The unfortunate thing was the Achy Breaky song itself.  It's an earworm of the First Order, and it's so, due to a two-pronged phenomenon:

First of all, once you hear the song, it's gonna be stuck in your head for a while.  You'll be lucky if you get rid of it overnight in your sleep.  More likely, your dreams will be set to the soundtrack of "Achy Breaky Heart."  You won't be able to get away from this song, even if you delete it from your iTunes Library.  Also, if you keep the Weird Al version, it's funny, but it's an earworm, nonetheless. 

The second prong of the Achy Breaky is this: when you hear that first rift, your feet start moving themselves through the steps.  You can't stop it.  You can't fight it.  You just hafta do the dance from start to finish, and listen to the song from start to finish, and maybe, just maybe your brain will move onto other things and forget about this earworm for a little bit.

I'm also deeply sorry if my post today spread Achy Breaky-itis.  I'm very sorry.  But you know what they say: misery loves company!

Love you lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment