Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Wrapping Up National Fig Week!

Nothing like finding out about a holiday week pretty much after the fact!
Hiya, Big People!  Remember how just yesterday, I was kinda melancholy about not having anything to celebrate? 

Guess what I found out.  This whole, entire week has been National Fig Week.  That's right.  A whole, entire, national week, where we as a nation recognize and celebrate figs and the end of the California fig harvest.

The aim of National Fig Week is to encourage consumers to use figs in their diets for their taste, fiber, and nutritional value.  Those are the words on the website.  Pretty much the very words.

Now, I don't know about you, but I think that description makes National Fig Week sound about as dry as a Fig Newton left out on a plate in a woodstove-heated room for a weeker two.  Kind of like when somebody's tryin' to get you to come to a party or event or reunion that occurs every year, and their most convincing convincer for you to do so is: "Well, the handful of people who filled out their survey at the end of the reunion last year said they wouldn't mind attending again this year, so long as it doesn't rain, and there's nothing better going on at the appointed time slot for this event in the future."

Sign me the heck right up!

So I guess I'm not surprised that National Fig Week isn't a bigger deal, and I'm also not terribly surprised that I'm not all torn up over not finding out about it until today.  I'll get by, somehow, Friends, and so will you.  If you need some extra fiber in your life, you might wanna consider eating a fig or two.  Or find another tasty, high-fiber food.  Either way, I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment