Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween To Me!

Workin' on Halloween.  Boyo Boy.
Hiya, Big People!  Well, don'tcha know, I ended up gettin' called in to St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital on Halloween.  I had to assist Dr. Snoopy on an emergency Spirit Lift.  At first, this really bummed me the heck right out, but when I got to thinkin' about it, I think doin' a Spirit Lift is exactly the thing a kid like me ought to get to do on Halloween, which is the most spirited of holidays, after all.

Except, maybe for New Year's Eve, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, after Dr. Snoopy and I performed the emergency Spirit Lift, I went on some rounds of my other patients at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital, to check on them and see how they're doing.  They were a little disappointed that I came to check in on them while I was wearin' my scrubs; they wanted me to dress up for them.  So I ended up taking my own advice and tellin' my patients that I WAS dressed up for Halloween- I was Don Quixote; couldn't they see my armor?  I sure could!

Well, the people who got the joke really got it, and I enjoyed laughing with them.  My patients who didn't understand the joke, I understood.  It's kind of an obscure cultural reference these days.

I'm really glad that I stuck around after the Spirit Lift, because just as I was thinkin' about leaving to go to a Halloween party with some of the other residents, a guy came into the Emergency Room in a really terrible, horrible, awful, no-good mood.  Kept saying something about how he was gonna move to Australia.  Anyways, we admitted this fella, and we did a Badmood-ectomy.  It was really successful, I'm happy to say.

So while I didn't get to celebrate Halloween by wearin' a princess costume, I did get to celebrate Halloween just the way I like to- by liftin' spirits and surgically removing bad moods!  And that's what it's all about, isn't it, Friends?

So.  Happy First of November, Big People!  I love the daylights right out of ya, and I'll see ya tomorrow.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment