Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Shoppin' and Droppin'

Orange is the new Black Friday!
Hiya, Friends!  I realize that today's traditionally known as "Black Friday," but with the way everybody was gettin' the jump on everybody else and opening up Thanksgiving evening to start the shoppin' stampede, Black Friday's startin' to feel quaintly tardy for the party, you know?

It doesn't matter one way or another to me.  I made all my Christmas presents back in the summer.  Yes I did.  They were macaroni necklaces.  I'm a Little Kid, and I can get away with giving macaroni necklaces for a few more years.  It lets me express myself creatively in durham wheat and it also keeps me out of the crazy fray of you Big People at the store this time of year.

But there is a drawback to pasta-based accessories and making them far ahead of time, and that drawback is that as I was stringin' the macaronis on the string, I got to thinkin' about how a big bowla Mac'n'Cheese would sure hit the spot, and pretty soon, that was all's I could think of, and next thing I knew, I was cookin' up my whole stash of Christmas Macaroni Necklaces. 

Oops!

But I'm a little kid, and like the macaroni necklaces themselves, I can get away with eating the presents I make for other people for a few more years.

I guess I'm gonna hafta figure out something with my footprint and fingerpaint instead.  I'll figure it out, Friends.  Don'tchyoo worry about me!  I love ya lots, Big People, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment