Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Parades!

Everybody loves a parade!
Well, hiya, Friends!  It's the day before Thanksgiving, and I'd like to talk about another thing that's unique to the Thanksgiving holiday: Thanksgiving Day parades!

Now, I know that you can have parades on other days of the year besides Thanksgiving.  Why, there are lotsa big globs of parades at DisneyWorld every DAY, from what I've read.  And of course there are Halloween Parades, Mummer's Parades, Fourth of July parades, Flag Day Parades, Old Home Day Parades, Easter Parades, St. Paddy's Day Parades, Maple Festival Parades... you get the picture.  If there's an occasion, you can bet there's a parade for that. 

But those are Other Day parades.  Parades that happen on Thanksgiving Day are Thanksgiving Parades, and they can't happen on any other day of the year, really.

What I love about the Thanksgiving Day Parades that I've watched for my whole life is the big balloons.  Those are just the neatest.  Sometimes I see some characters I recognize.  Sometimes I see new characters I wanna get to know.  I love listening to the marching bands.  I love it when the camera pans over the crowds lining the streets, and they look so cold, and I'm all nicey warm in my house!  Ha! 

I also love how at the very end of the Thanksgiving Day Parade, my pal Santa Claus comes riding in, on his sleigh.  I love that jolly old soul!  And every year, I use my magical cellular telephone to ring up Santa Claus after the Thanksgiving Parade, to congratulate him on another excellent appearance and to wish him the best over his Busy Time of Year!

I can't wait to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade tomorrow, Friends, and I hope you'll watch it, too!  I love the dickens right outta ya, Big People!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment