Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

A Happy Journal!

Just writin' in my Happy Journal today! 
Hiya, Friends! 

Hey, you know something that I like to do?  I like to write down the things that make me happy.  I even have a whole journal set aside for such things! 

I call it my Happy Journal!

All's it is is a composition book that I bought, and it has a cheerful flowered cover on it.  In fact, that was one of the first things I wrote about in my Happy Journal- that lookin' at the Happy Journal made me feel happy inside!

You might think that keepin' a Happy Journal makes me kind of a sap or an annoyingly happy person that you'd just wanna slap if you saw me in real life, but my Happy Journal isn't for you.  It isn't for me to show off how happy I am.  It isn't for me to be insufferable.

Nope.  Here's what my Happy Journal does for me, Friends: See, I'm not happy ALL the time.  I know.  It surprises me, too, and I'm Me!  But it's true.  I don't think anybody's happy ALL the time.  We all play the Doll Drums every once in a while, and sometimes, it's really hard to get out of that rut.  That ho-hum feelin'.  Sometimes, it's really hard to remember that I AM happy most of the time. 

That's where my Happy Journal comes in.  When I'm really down in the dumps on a day, Friends, I open up my Happy Journal and read about all the things and people and events and jokes and pretty much everything I've written down that makes me happy.  I start to remember, 'Oh, yeah!  That DOES make me pretty happy!'  and next thing I know, I've got a smile on my face, and I start to feel better about whatever's going on and trying to steal my happy.

If I've learned one thing, Friends, it's that bein' happy is a choice I can make, every single day.

How about THAT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment