Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Things Are Lookin' Up Again

It feels good to kick a cold to the curb, Big People.
Well, hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday to you! 

You know what?  I caught a cold right after Thanksgiving, and I had to take some medicine from my doctor to get over that cold.  I even had to take eyedrops! 

Don't you know, I *just* got over the symptoms of that cold, when, last Saturday, I came down with ANOTHER cold?!  That's right.  I had to ring in the New Year with a Boogie Wipe in one hand and a ... well, I actually had a Boogie Wipe in each hand, because it was that kind of night, Friends. 

And then there was the coughing.  Every time I'd put my head down to go to sleep, I'd cough and cough and cough like a harbor seal.  "Argh! Argh! Argh!"

Just like that. 

I didn't think it was very fair, catchin' another cold so soon after I just got over my cold I had to go to the doctor for.  Why, I haven't even had a chance to go for my follow-up checkup from THAT cold! 

But here's what Mommy did.  I'm too little for cough syrup, so I drank pineapple juice.  I like my pineapple juice with some water, just to cut down on the intensity of straight-up pineapple juice.  Also, at night, I'd have BabyRub put on my front, my back, and my feet.  Yes, on my feet.  I have a friend who swears by this remedy, and I think there's something to it.  I think she's right.  And then I've been drinkin' the liquids like they're gonna raise the liquid-drinkin' age tomorrow.

It's all pretty much worked, I think.  Things are lookin' up again.  I didn't feel as crummy as I did with my post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas cold, and I didn't hafta go to the doctor this time.  Even so, it really feels good to kick a cold to the curb, Friends.  I hope if you're currently battling a germ, you'll feel like things are lookin' up again for you, too.  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya soon!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment