Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

In a "Rush" to Play Songs on the Piano

Practice makes... me frusterated!  I keep hittin' the wrong notes!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday! 

Oh, you know, I'm just usin' the day to practice up on my skills on the piano.  I just got a new songbook of Rush's Greatest Hits, and I'm trying to learn how to play "Subdivisions," on accounta I heard a piano version of it while I was watchin' a tribute to a mall Mommy visited when she was a Little Kid, and it's gettin' torn down. 

I thought the song was perfect.  I loved the video.  I kept watchin' it over and over again.  I kept askin' Mommy to play "Subdivisions" for me over the Sonos for a while, and then I realized I could just learn to play the song on the piano!

Well, Friends, that's easier said than done.  They say practice makes perfect, but I'll tell ya what practice makes me.  Practice makes me frusterated!  That's what!  I stick in flats that oughtta be sharp, I sharpen notes that should just be normal, and I hate rests.  If I wanted to rest, I wouldn't play the piano in the first place, now would I?  What's more, I say these things as though I know the first thing about pianos and music, other than my ears know when they hear musics that I really like.

Ugh.  You know what?  I'm THREE.  I wanna hear music I don't hafta make myself.  Maybe I'll try this piano-playin' another time, maybe when I'm older and more patient.  Don't get me wrong.  I love to sit down and push the keys, but I'm just not ready to be formal about it.  In the meantime, I wanna hear "Subdivisions" again, and I don't have the patience today to practice measure by measure.  So I'm gonna fire up the dang ol' Sonos and get my Rush on. 

Friends, you need to find something that relaxes you today!  Find something you enjoy, and do that something, mmmkay?  I know I will.

I'll see ya tomorrow.  I'll tell ya all about my surprise from Saturday!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment