Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

I've Got My Orange Crush: How I Restore My Soul

I know my Soul best; I'll restore it how I see fit!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday to you! 

As you know, Sundays are days that are good for restorin' the Soul, and for me, that means ridin' on my Kubota tractor that we call "Orange Crush."

Some people would call mowin' the lawn and scoopin' up dirt and moving it to other areas of the yard "work."  I call it "great fun."  I call it very restorative for my Soul.  You bet I do.

Here's why.  I feel closer to the Maker when I'm out enjoying and taking care of all the things He made, than I would if I were in a building, just bein' talked at about the Maker by someone who may or may not have ever met Him.  Get my drift, Big People?  I feel a lot more connected when I can walk up to a flower or a butterfly or a tree and say "Hey, God, wouldja LOOK at that?!  That's some IMPRESSIVE work ya just did!  I'm not only a friend, I'm a FAN!"

I get squirmy when Big People tell me how I oughtta be spendin' my Sundays.  I get squirmy when Big People tell me how I oughtta sit still in a building and not say anything and listen as another Big Person tells me how I oughtta see God, because that's the way THEY do it, and my way's different from theirs, so it can't possibly be right.  I get real squirmy when these things come up.

Thingofitis, God and I are cool.  He and I go way back.  And I DO listen for Him, in the dark, in the mornings before I start my day.  During the day when there's a lull in activity.  I hear Him.  We talk.  And when I dance, He's right there, sending me warm sun-rays to dance in, or raindrops.  I like all the weathers.

So anyways, Friends, this is how I restore my Soul.  Getting out and being in Nature, in Creation.  I don't hafta set aside a special day.  I don't hafta go to a special building.  I don't even hafta let anybody else know that I'm restorin' my Soul.  I don't need to wear it on my sleeve or wrap myself in a billboard-cover that this is what I'm up to.  It's kinda between me and my friend God.  But just so you know, He says I'm doin' all right, doin' this my way.  And you're doin' all right, doin' this your way, too.  No sensa fightin' about whose way is best, because they're all best. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got my Orange Crush waitin' for me.  We're gonna go ridin' up and down the yard.  We're gonna stop and smell the flowers and visit with the butterflies. 

I love ya lots, Big People.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  Today, restore your Soul however you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment