Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

PEZManiac

I think I found my PEOPLE!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Hey, you know what?  I'm just fresh offa my trip to Cleveland, Ohio for the American Motors Owners Convention.  It was fun to see all those nice AMC cars.  There was a pink AMX that I told Daddy I wanted, but he said no, because that usedta be a Playboy Playmate of the Year's car, and he doesn't want me to grow up to be a Playboy Playmate of the Anything.  I don't even know what any of that means, but I like to play!

Daddy made it pretty clear that a pink AMX is NOT in my future, though.

Anyways, the reason I'm so happy today is because I think I've found my tribe.  You see, at the same hotel where the AMO convention was, they were havin' a PEZ convention.  I LOVE PEZ!!!!  I mean, how many times have I told you how much I love PEZ candies, and PEZ dispensers? 

Maybe not as much as I think I have, or as much as I THINK about PEZ, which is all the time.

But, you see, at that hotel, there was a whole convention of other people who are as much as or even more into PEZ than I am!  It was something to see!  There were signs all over the hotel, directing a person to people who had a buncha vintage PEZ dispensers to sell.  There was a guy there that REPAIRS dispensers.  I mean... WOW!  And there were tables-n-tables fulla PEZ things to buy: plush replicas of PEZ dispensers, pillows that look like rolls of PEZ, Tshirts proclaiming the wearer's love of PEZ... Friends, there was so much PEZ stuff in that room and in the hallway that I couldn't wrap my head around it. 

I went to Cleveland an AMC Kid, but I've come home knowing there's a place for me in another tribe. PEZManiacs.  How about that?!  How the heck right about that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment