Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Oh Thank Heaven...

I'm not even sure what a 7-Eleven or a Slurpee is!
Well, Friends, today's 7/11.  I've only just learned that there's a chain of convenience stores called 7-Eleven.  They've declared today 7-Eleven Day and they've begun a tradition of giving customers a free 7.11-ounce Slurpee on 7-Eleven Day.

Isn't this just the heck of it, though?  The closest 7-Eleven to me is twenty-eight miles away.  Not exactly reachable by tricycle or even by the Model Z. 

Nope. 

For my "free" Slurpee, I'd hafta ask Mommy to strap me into my carseat in the Jeep, and drive to the nearest 7-Eleven.  By then, we'd be kinda hungry, and wanting more than just a little cuppa artificially-flavored ice slush. 

It'd be fun and all to participate, but it just doesn't seem worth it to this Little Kid.  I mean, if 7-Eleven were right across the street, or just down the road, like it is for lotsa people, I'd say 'let's go!' to Mommy. But it isn't like that for us.

Bein' a Little Kid from the Far, Unlit Unknown, you learn to accept and adapt to things.

Anyway.  In lieu of a free Slurpee today, I found a Slushee Mug in the freezer, and I've added to it some orange juice.  As I type, it's shaping up to be a nice slushy Arctic Orange treat.  I won't even hafta get strapped into my carseat to enjoy it, Big People!

Hey, if you're near a 7-Eleven, go participate in 7-Eleven Day.  It's probably one of those cultural things that's good to participate in.  I'll enjoy my Arctic Orange Slush treat.  I love ya lots, no matter whatchya do today, Big People!  I sure do! 

I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment