Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Being the Boss of Things and Stuff!

Heavy is the head that's wearin' the tiger earmuffs!
Hiya, friends! 

Well, you're not going to believe this, but it's true.  Back on July Fourth, I got to control the Pittsburgh Fireworks Display.  I wore my most patriotic outfit, donned my tiger headset, and controlled all those fireworks from the touch-screen of an iPhone 6.

It was glorious.  Lemme tell ya all about it!

First of all, as soon as the sun disappeared behind the hillsides surrounding Pittsburgh, and the sky started getting all powdery blue, I queued up the Fireworks Display on the iPhone screen and said "light 'em up, fellas!"

And sure as all get-out, about an hour, hour and a half after I gave the fireworks the order to start, the first one rocketed up into the sky and burst.  Then it was game the heck on!  It sure was!  There were fireworks of all sizes, shapes, and colors.  I sent a command to the pyro crew saying 'Just keep doin' whatchyer doin'!' and guess what.  They DID!

After a while, though, it was pretty dark, and had cooled off quite a bit, so I sent the pyro crew a message saying 'All right, fellas.  There's some kids in the crowd like me, and we probably oughtta get to bed, so go ahead and wrap it on up.'

Once again, twenty, twenty-five minutes right after I gave the cue, they started up the Grand Finale.  It was a glorious Grand Finale! 

I'm not gonna say it was exhausting, being the Big Boss of the Pittsburgh Fireworks Display, but I DID fall asleep on the ride back to Aunt Colleen's.  It was worth it, though!

See, Friends, heavy is the head that's wearin' the tiger earmuffs, but I'm up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment