Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Princes and Problems

Prince Wednesday's all right, but he gets himself into more jams than Smuckers!
Friends, I have a friend named Prince Wednesday.  You see, I am a Fairy Tale Princess, and no fairy tale would be complete without a prince.  I guess I got matched up with Prince Wednesday in the Fairy Tale Match.  Somebody somewhere musta thought this was a good idea, so like a pair of scissors, I run with it.

Thing about Prince Wednesday is that he's always getting himself into trouble.  On his most recent visit to my kingdom, Prince Wednesday got his fancy coach stuck in some mud.  I mean, if you can navigate the roads in my kingom in a fancy coach with zero troubles, you can REALLY drive your fancy coach. Prince Wednesday cannot REALLY drive his fancy coach.

Anyways, he got his fancy coach all stuck, and he and his driver were trying to get the fancy coach all pulled outta the mud and ruts, and they weren't makin' any progress.  I watched for a little bit, because I think there's some kinda etiquette when you're a Fairy Tale Princess that the Prince gets to look valiant, and the Princess stands around waitin' for him to save the day.

Except, I don't have the time or patience to wait around for all that.  Not when I know how to fix something.  So I saddled up my Model Z and drove down to where the fancy coach was stuck, and hooked it up to the winch on the Model Z, and had that fancy coach unstuck and back on the road in justa few minutes.  I was pretty proud of my work, but do you think Prince Wednesday and his driver bothered to say 'thank you?'  No!  They went back to their own kingdom in a big huff!  Without a WORD, even!

Since then, I've sent him a buncha Fairy Tale Mail messages on the magic box, but I don't think he's openin' them or readin' them.  Oh, well, what are you gonna do?  I'm a princess who gets things done, and Prince Wednesday's a prince who gets himself into more jams than a Smucker's factory.  I'm not gonna stop bein' me, just because the me that I am doesn't fit in to how someone else thinks I oughtta be.  The world needs more doers, I guess is what I'm sayin', and I'm proud to be one! 

How about that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment