Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lettin' Anger Do the Drivin'!

I assure you that Joy's drivin' right now, though!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday the Eighteenth to you!  Today, I'm thinkin' about one of my favorite movies called Inside Out.

Well, ya know, Friends, I have moods, just like anybody does.  There's times I just don't feel like cooperating, and things escalate and yelling ensues. It's times like these when the little angry man named Anger inside my head is behind the controls of the console in my brain's HQ. 

I can see him right now, just blowin' his little top like a tiny, angry volcano.

Anger DEFINITELY drives when Mommy's combing out or washin' my hair.  Anger is most certainly in charge when I'm playin' at a wonderful playground and Mommy and Daddy tell me it's time to choose one more thing to do, because it's almost time to go home.  Anger is ABSOLUTELY all over the controls at bedtime.

Bedtime is an indignity, Big People!  It makes me so MAD!

I would say that most of the time, smiley, happy Joy drives the console in my head.  Joy's driving today.  But Anger drives a lot, too.  Sometimes Anger and Sadness, or Anger, Sadness, and Disgust are driving.  Worry hardly ever drives in my head.  But you know, it's really hard bein' four and a half.  That's why sometimes I give the impression that I'm sad and angry. 

This week, I'm mostly lettin' Anger do the drivin'.  Right now, when I'm talkin' to you, Joy has taken over, to give Anger a break, and also so you Big People don't think I'm miserable.  I'm not.  I'm just irritated at havin' to follow Mommy and Daddy's directions.  You know how it is.

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment