Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

Happy National Doughnut Day!

It's National Doughnut Day again already!
Oh my goodness, Friends, did you even know that today's National Doughnut Day?!

It's true.  The first Friday in June is the day we, as a Nation, gather together to celebrate the glory that is fried dough.

If you've been following along with me since... well, the beginning, you'll know that doughnuts and donuts hold a special place right in my dang ol' heart: The Daily Zoe started because I was sent out to fetch coffee and donuts for my co-workers one February morning in 2012, and when I rolled up to Donut Dude's Drive-Thru window, I was told that they were all outta donuts.  I let ol' Donut Dude have an earful of what I thought of that, and some enterprising soul took pictures of the whole thing and put 'em up on the Facebook. 

It took off like wildfire, and now it's a daily thing, my Daily Zoe Facebook Picture Show.  Eventually this weblog came along.  And finally, I left The Company and became Donut Dude's Director of Donut Development at his World Headquarters, when I'm not practicing Humorous Healing at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital.

It all started with a donut run gone unsuccessful.  Isn't that crazy?  I'm pleased to tell you that Donut Dude has never run out of donuts again at any of his Donut Dude cafes.

But that's all why National Doughnut/Donut Day is such a big deal to me, Friends.  If you go for a donut today, have one for me!  And also have one for yourself!  Have all the donuts!

I love the dickens right outta ya, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment