Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Ya Never Know What You Can Do...

...Until You Try, Big People!  Don't be afraid to look silly, learnin' something new!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Well, ya know, Friends, I'm a kid who likes to learn new things.  It seems like I learn something new every single day.

I'm good at a lot of things, even the first time I try, but there are some things that I'm not good at on the first try.  Sometimes I end up lookin' pretty silly when I try new things.  I don't let the fear of lookin' silly stop me, either, Friends!

Well, ya can't let something as silly as bein' afraid of lookin' silly keep ya from doing new things.  That's ridiculous!  Why, if I were afraid of lookin' silly every time I tried something new, I never woulda started eatin' solid foods or walkin' or talkin'!  Those things all took some practice for me to start lookin' slick while doing them, but I kept at the practicin' just the same!

Friends, I've heard that people get scareder and scareder of lookin' silly the older they get, and it makes me afraid that you're lettin' that fear hold you back from trying new things.  I don't know what kind of things would be new for you, Big People, but I bet there's something you've never tried to do, because you're afraid you won't be good at it.  I don't know... singing, dancing, drawing, painting, or sculpting, makin' elaborate bird-houses, doing stand-up comedy...

Friends, there's lotsa stuff you could be tryin' to do.  Don't be afraid of lookin' silly at first.  It's good to laugh, especially at yourself.  Ya never know what you can do, until you try, Friends! 

Hey.  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment