Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Your Own Worst Critic

Don't be mean to yourselves, Big People!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, sometimes the things I hear you Big People sayin' about your own selves just curl the hairs inside my ears!  I've heard it all, Big People! 

I've heard you say you look fat in your jeans. 

I've heard you say that you're stupid. 

I've heard you say you have awful hair. 

I've heard you say you're terrible at this or that or some other thing.

Big People, why do you talk about yourselves like that?  What if you heard somebody saying things like that about your best friend?  You'd be mad, wouldn'tchya?  Well, that's how I feel when I overhear YOU talkin' about YOURSELVES like this! 

Listen.  I understand that it's a really good thing to see yourself with a jaundiced eye.  There's always room to improve.  Always ways to be better.  But there's a difference in constructive criticism and bein' a jerk, even when you're talking to and about yourself.

So consider yourselves Told Right the Heck Off, Big People!  I think you're great!  Stop talkin' so mean about yourselves!

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow.  In the meantime, you give yourself a big hug from your pal Zoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment