Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It's the Last Day of School!

Queue up that Alice Cooper song.  You know the one!
Hiya, Big People!

Well, as this morning dawns, the sun sets on yet another academic year.

For my whole entire life, my Mommy is Really Emotional on the Last Day of School because she says that every Last Day of School we pass means I'm one more year closer to goin' to school, myself.  So as you can imagine, I'm battening down the hatches and mustering my force of Kleenexes today.  Preparing for a stormy day, if you will.

One of these years, I'll know the sweet significance of the Last Day of School.  Not this year.  Not next year, either.  The year after.  This time in 2018, I will be wrappin' up my Kindergarten Year.  I'm gonna be bold and bet that Mommy isn't so mad at me today for missing the cutoff date the year I was born.  I'm kinda mad at me for missing the cutoff date, but you know, I'll make the best of my extra year Home With Mommy. 

None of that matters today, though, because school's out for the summer!

I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow on this, the first day of Summer Vacation in my school district!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment