Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Singin' in the Sun, Thinkin' 'Bout the Rain!

Life isn't about avoidin' storms, Friends, it's about learnin' to appreciate the drink the rain gives the plants!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Well, don'tchya just figure, Mommy and I put in our garden about a month back, and ever since, we've been kind of light on the rain.  Don't get me wrong- I LOVE sunny weather!  But we hafta drag the whole hose over to the dang ol' garden to make sure our tomato plants and such receive proper hydration and that.

You know, every year Mommy and I try to become small-garden tomato farmers, something does us in, and it's usually lack of lotsa rainfall at crucial times.  Except for that one year we mushroom-soiled our tomatoes to death.  But mostly, we can blame it on the [lack of] rain.

Of course, this year, we have the flowers-n-plants-n-Pretty Little Trees to think about, as well.  Those guys sure do start to look droopy-n-parched after a while.  Why, I bet they'd LOVE a nice day where we just let the clouds roll in, and let 'em give us a nicey warm, gentle, soakin' rain that gets right down into those dang ol' roots.

You see, Friends, as I sing in the sun, thinkin' about the rain today, I'm reflecting on how Life isn't about avoidin' storms altogether, but rather learnin' to appreciate the drink the rain gives the plants! 

If that isn't on a bumper sticker and refrigerator magnet, it should be, Big People!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment