Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

I Am Not A Sippy Cup Kinda Gal

Gettin' a sippy cup in the restaurant made me feel like less of a grownup.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday, Sunday, Sunday to you!

Well, ya know, I pride myself on my grown-upness, and it makes me feel like a Big Cheese when grownups notice how grown-up I am.

On a recent trip to a dining establishment with my Big People, I was given chocolate milk... in a sippy cup.  A sippy cup with a lion on the side and a sippy lid and everything.

Now, there was a day when gettin' a sippy cup woulda been a huge compliment to me, but as it turns out this time, it was not a huge compliment.

You see, it made me feel like less of a grownup, receiving that sippy cup.  I thought maybe if they'd brought me one with an elephant on the side, I woulda been okay, but if I'm bein' honest with myself and you, it's not the picture on the side of the sippy cup.  It's the sippy cup itself.  Just the whole thing.  It's hard to take someone seriously when they're drinkin' out of a sippy lid.

I guess what really hurt me most is that I ordered my chocolate milk myself, and looked the waitress right in the eye when I did, and I said please and thank-you.  Does a Little Kid who drinks from a sippy cup do that?!

Okay, maybe I did do just that, when I was in the sippy cup stage.  But I'll tell ya what.  When I got to the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville, they've brought me a real big person glass of chocolate milk for a while now.  With a straw and glass glass.  They know how to make a Little Kid feel like a grown-up Big Cheese there!

Oh well, Friends.  What choice do I have but to rise above this sippy cup slight?  I think therein lies the proof that I have left the Sippy Cup Set far, far behind me in my rearview mirror.

I love ya lots, Friends, and I'll see ya tomorrow. You're the best.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment