Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Thought For An American Eating Holiday

Lemme tell ya about a great dream I had!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Labor Day!  As I've come to find out since I've been here, Labor Day is one of the Great American Eating Holidays.  I know I've spoken on this topic before, but I never tire of talking about eating or the Great American Eating Holidays.

Anyway, on this Great American Eating Holiday, if I could have anything I wanted, I'd sure like a cupcake as big as a house.  I know I haven't said much about cupcakes recently.  My censors say that if I talk about cupcakes too much, you'll think I have a problem.  I know I've spoken about this particular topic at length, too, so I won't belabor things this Labor Day with my going on and on about how I don't have a problem with cupcakes, but I have a problem not having cupcakes...

You know it, Friends.

Cupcakes should be the official food of Labor Day!
But today, I'm gonna talk about a giant cupcake.  I had a dream that somebody put a giant chocolate cupcake in my yard.  It was big as a house, and I climbed up a sugar-straw ladder and swan-dived into mountains and mountains of Swiss-Meringue-based Buttercreme frosting.  It had tasty and glittery sugar sprinkled on top, and the sugar crunched in my teeth! 

The funny thing about this giant cupcake was that I could eat and eat and eat all that frosting, and I didn't get full! How about that?!

I believe I also mentioned that the giant cupcake was chocolate.  I love chocolate cake!  It's my favorite of all the cakes.  I don't even care if that's a cliche.  Chocolate cake is my favorite for a reason, and that reason is that I like it the best!

Sweet Dreams are made of cupcakes big as houses!
But that's not all.  Inside the chocolate cake, there was a creme filling.  It was sweet, but not too sweet.  Just sweet enough, and it was a wonderful surprise after chomping all that chocolate cake, to be like 'oh, hey! here's creme filling!  Yum!' and that's exactly what I said in my dream, too!  Isn't that funny?

And all too soon, I'd eaten that cupcake that was as big as a house, and you know what happened next?  The cupcake wrapper folded itself into an origami crane and flew away.

Then I woke up.

That dream, though, renewed my passion for cupcakes, and the pursuit of centering a national holiday around cupcakes.  I'm not talking about National Cupcake Day anymore.  I'm talking about taking an already-beloved holiday, and making cupcakes the official food of that holiday.  I think Labor Day is the perfect cupcake holiday.

Think it over, Friends!  Maybe we can get a petition going!  Anyway, I love ya, Friends!  Happy Labor Day!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment