Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Make the Most of It Monday!

Oh, Monday!  Here you are again!
Hiya, Friends!

Well, it's Monday again!   You know I've been as ambivalent about Mondays as the next gal lately, even almost as ambivalent about Mondays as you Big People are, but I've recently wanted to turn my attitude around and start finding the best in every day.  That's why I think we should call today "Make the Most of It Monday!" 

How about it, Friends?  Are you with me?

No?

Well, I figured there'd be some among us who are difficult to convince.  ... Oh, no!  I'm not calling you difficult!  I just am acknowledging that there are those among us who need a little more convincing than others of us need.  It isn't good or bad.  It just is!  Hear me out!

You see, Friends.  We all get seven days a week.  Monday is an entire day of the week.  That's one-seventh of our time.  If you're miserable on Mondays, you're miserable one-seventh of all your time you get!  Or, if you like percentages better that fractions, that's being miserable 14% of your time, just by virtue of what day of the week it happens to be! 

That's seriously no fun, Big People!  That's no way to live, Friends!

Still not convinced, because you think 14% seems like a bearably small portion of your life to be miserable?  Well, if you figure on being miserable 14% of the time because 14% of the time is Mondays, and you can just accept that, what happens when you get toothpaste on your favorite shirt, and it's picture day?  Or you spend a lotta time doing your hair, and go outside and get rained on right off the bat?  Or what if you catch a cold, or worse, the flu?  Or you forget where you put something important, and you need it, so you look for it, and it was in an obvious place all along, but you didn't look there first, so you spent a whole buncha time looking for it in all the places it wasn't, and now you're late leaving for where you need to be?  Or somebody gives you a mean look?  Or you wind up in a bathroom stall with no toilet paper, and you ate lunch at the Taco Bell?

If you really wanted to, you could count up all the minutes you spend being incidentally miserable, and you never know.  In a given week, you could wind up with numbers upwards of 25%.  Maybe more, depending.

That's a quarter of your time being spent being miserable!  And 14% of that misery could be wiped right off the misery board, if we all just learn to accept Mondays for what they are, and maybe start a Monday tradition that gives us something to look forward to, anyways. 
Let's call a truce, Monday!  You and me! Let's be friends!

That's what I've decided for my life, Friends.  I'm not gonna let Mondays get me down anymore.  I'm gonna do what I hafta do to make 'em more palatable.  I'm not gonna spend 14% of my time being miserable for what amounts to no good reason.  Okay, Friends?  Are you with me?  I sure hope you're with me! 

Think about it!  And just try to Make the Most of It this Monday and see how you like it!  Mmmmmmmkay?

I love ya, Friends!  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment