Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Basic Play-Doh Trainin' 101

I get paid time-and-a-half for going to training!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, as you know, I'm taking on lotsa new responsibility as I get older.  I've recently been to a training where I learned a BIG skill for my role as a Second Year Toddler.  I learned how to play with Play Doh! 

I think the fact about Play Doh that flabbergasted me the most was that you don't actually eat Play Doh.  A little while back, when my gums were hurting because I was teething, some of my friends from Coudersport sent me a Dr. Drill And Fill Play Doh set, and I tried to eat the Play Doh that came with it, and Mommy said 'guess you'll be waiting until you're a little older!'

Mommy's name we call her around here is Dr. Buzzkill.  Don't tell her I told you.

Play-Doh 101 is the best training ever!
Anyway, now that I AM a little older, I recently attended a training teaching me the basics of Play Doh techniques.  I learned how to get the 'Doh out of the can, how to break the big blob of it down into smaller pieces, how to put the pieces back together, how to roll balls of all sizes, how to make a pinch-bowl, how to roll a log, how to roll a snake, and how to conglomerate all the 'Doh back into a big blob, shape it just right, and put it back in the can.

I did not learn how to put the lid back on the can. I mean, I watched and saw how it's done, and I could tell ya, but it's kinda like changing a tire.  I know how to do it, but I'm just physically strong enough to do it yet.  That's all!

Now, my Play Doh 101 instructor got to showing all the stuff you can do with just the basics that she was showing us.  She built a teddy bear out of Play Doh using a large, short log, a large ball, two medium logs, two small logs- that was the body, head, legs, and arms.  Then she made two small balls and squooshed 'em on top of the head and they were the ears, two little tiny balls were the eyes, and then... she made a CONE!  She said it was really easy, that you just take a ball and roll one end more than the other one, to make it smaller, but I know that's Advanced Play Doh Techniques, so I was Intimidated by the cone!  Anyway, she stuck that to the teddy bear's face and put a tiny ball on the end for the nose, and it was really cute!

Look out, World! I'm playin' with dough now!
I got a little upset when she smooshed the teddy bear back into just a Play Doh log, but she said that's how Play Doh works.  You learn to make things with it, and then you smoosh it all up and start over.

I like to think of it as Play Doh Zen. 

I think I'm really gonna like Play-Doh, Friends, even if I can't eat it.  It's really great stuff. 

I was looking ahead in my Course Catalog, and once I master the basics of Play Doh, I'll move on to the next level, which will include making little bowls made of coiled Play Doh snakes, the aforementioned cones, dice, and composite shapes (like the teddy bear I told you about!).

I guess eventually, I'll learn to blend Play Doh colors, but that's not for a long while.  I'll keep ya posted on my progress, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment