Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday- Whatta Day!

Hiya, Friends!  You know, I go on and on all the time about my ambivalence toward Mondays, so lest you think I'm a Chronic Complainer (yikes!) I wanna go on and on about my love for Saturdays.  Can I do that? 

Saturday's pretty much my favorite day of the week!
Saturdays are fun for me, because they're the day of the weekend that you don't hafta worry about getting Monday all over it.  I mean, think about Sunday.  Sunday starts off all fun and games, and then you remember sometime after lunch and before supper that "oh, yeah, tomorrow's Monday, and I hafta do that binderful of TPS reports I brought home, meaning to do over the weekend, but the weekend was too much fun.  Guess I'd better get to work!"

Don't ya hate that feeling, Friends?  Realizin' just as you're getting ready to dig in to that heapin-helpin' of potroast, that you've got TPS reports to do?

But that's me griping about how Sunday sometimes gets all muddled up with Monday.  That's just how far Monday's reach is, Friends.  Bear with me!

Back to Saturday!

Don't let Monday-Thinkin' gum up a good Saturday!
Saturdays are special, because they're the day of the week that we're most likely to go on an Adventure!  All my Adventures in Daddy's truck have taken place on Saturdays! 

Saturdays are a day for pancakes for breakfast!  They're a day for road-trippin' somewhere fun!  I'm still holding out hope that one of these days, I can arrange a tour bus for all of us to ride on, so we can go through one of those Corn Mazes and then have cider 'n' donuts after!  Mommy says the logistics of such a trip are impossible, since all of us live so far away from each other! 

I say, "Mah-meee!  That's Monday Stinkin' Thinkin'!  Today's SATURDAY and EVERYTHING'S possible!"

However, I have yet to procure the telephone number of a tour bus company that will pick up my friends in all the corners where they are, and take us all to an epic Corn Maze.  But I'm not gonna let details like that bother me!  It's Saturday!
Make today the BEST ever!  Yes!!!
Maybe I could talk Mommy and Daddy into putting me in the truck and taking me to a Corn Maze.  I could get through it, try out the cider-n-donuts afterward, report back, and then maybe all of us could meet up at that Corn Maze NEXT weekend or the weekend after? 

...No, I don't know why I'm so fixated on Corn Mazes, either.  Have you been to one?  Was it fun?  Or was the real draw the cider-n-donuts?  You know how it is, when you get something all built up in your head that it's gonna be BIG FLIPPING FUN!!!  Sometimes, it can be a bit of a let-down. 

Aw, well, whether or not today has a Corn Maze in it for me or anyone who might be reading this, it's gonna be a great day, just because it's Saturday.  Don't let Monday's Stinkin' Thinkin' taint this day, Friends.  Those TPS reports can wait.  They'll wait.  Get out there and have a great Saturday!  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment