Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bacon-Bakin!

Friends, I've had another wild idea!
Friends, there are two things I think are wonderful, and they both sound the same: Bacon and Bakin'.  I know technically, it's "Baking," with an -ing on the end, but that just isn't how I talk. 

Friends, I love things that are baked, especially cupcakes, or one of my new favorites: chocolate chip cookies.  I also love bacon.  I mean, who doesn't love bacon? 

I guess vegans, vegetarians, and the pigs themselves wouldn't love bacon.  So to them, I apologize.  If you're one of those denizens, please just skip this post and continue with tomorrow's.  I don't think what I have to say tomorrow will be meat-based.  But you never know with me.  You just never know.

Hey! Take that snoot off your face!
Back to my original topic, though.  So, now we know two things: I love baked things, or "Bakin'," and also, I love the delightfully salty-smoky taste of Bacon!  What if there were a way to combine the two?  I'm thinking of something revolutionary, Friends:

Bacony Chocolate Chip Cookies!

What did I just hear?  Did I hear you making a snoot-face like 'Zoe, that sounds so GROSS!'  Did I hear that, Friends?  Hey!  You never know.  It could be delicious!  So hear me out!

I'm not talking about putting giant chunks of bacon in the cookies, Friends.  I'm not talking about wrapping a chocolate chip cookie in a giant slab of bacon.  What I AM talking about is cutting the bacon up into little tiny pieces.  I'm not sure if that oughtta be done before or after the bacon's cooked.  I'm just not sure at this point, but I'm in the idea-gathering phase of this brilliance, not necessarily the phase where you think about the details like that.
I hope the EZBake can handle deliciousness of this magnitude!

Anyway, whether the bacon is cut up into little pieces before it's cooked or after, those little bacon pieces could be stirred into the chocolate chip cookie dough when the chocolate chips get added in, and then it all can be baked up.  Bakin' with bacon! 

Here's why I think this would be a delicious and revolutionary taste revolution: it would be like having chocolate chip pancakes and bacon for breakfast, except this would be BETTER because you don't hafta wait until breakfast, and you get to eat your chocolate chips and bacon in a COOKIE!!!  How about that?!

Think about it, Friends!  In the meantime, I've got some bacon-bakin' to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment