Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Toot-Toot Butter!

Peter Pan, Jif, or fresh-ground, homemade, I LOVE toot-toot-butter!
Friends, I think I've told you all about my favorite song.  It goes like this:

Oh, a peanut sat on a railroad track, 
His heart was all a-flutter!
When around the bend came Number Ten:
Toot-Toot- PEEEEEEEEEEEEANUT BUTTER!!!

My Aunt Colleen  taught me that song, and it's set to a jaunty tune.  That's why I'm so fond of it, I think, and not that it's actually kind of horrifying, considering it's about a depressed peanut that decides to end it all on the track that Number Ten travels on.

I mean, think about it.  What would make a peanut sit on a railroad track, and why wouldn't he move out of the way when Number Ten came around the bend?  If he was in his right frame of mind, it wouldn't make any sense.  If the peanut hadn't been smooshed into peanut butter, I think I'd try to look into some counseling for him, or at the very least, a good nuthouse, where the peanut could get the care he needed, maybe talk out some of his issues.  Come around to the realization that he shouldn't make permanent solutions to temporary problems.

Where'd I put my crackers?
However.  As I've recently turned Two Years Old, I've gotten to sample a delicacy that you Big People know as Peanut Butter.  In my house, apparently there's an epic battle of the butters going on.  Mommy likes fresh-ground or Jif Creamy, and Daddy says Peter Pan is the only peanut butter there is, and it'd better be crunchy.  Me?  I like it all!

I had no idea that there was a whole WORLD of peanut-butter treats out there: it's fabulous on apple slices, toast, regular bread, and crackers.  It's delicious when accompanied by a chocolate cup.  It's excellent baked into cookies. 

It's also equally delicious eaten straight out of the jar, but don't tell Mommy I said that.  She's funny about me eating things right out of the containers, and I don't wanna hafta go sit on the steps for two minutes and think about what I did.  I'm already thinking about it.  And it was delicious.

It'll be our little secret, Friends!  Our little secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment