Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Confessions of a Part-Time Fairytale Princess

My princess superpower is takin' charge of my OWN fate!
Well, hey there, Big People!  Happy Thursday to you!  As you know, it's a mere Week Until Thanksgiving, or as I like to refer to it: "It's WUT?!"  But that isn't what I'm gonna talk to you about today.

Nope!

I'm going to let you in on a little-known fact about me, which is that I am a part-time fairytale princess.  I didn't really get into this whole fairy-princess thing until I visited Disney Princesses on Ice in January, and Daddy bought me all the Disney Princess movies, except Pocahontas and Mulan.  And maybe a few others I can't think of right now, but trust me, I have the big names: Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, FROZEN, Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Tangled...  You get the picture.

So anyway, as a part-time princess, I dress up in my favorite princess dress on that given day, and I go around doing things princesses do.  Princesses often have a lot of pluck and sass.  If you watch those movies I mentioned, each Disney princess has pluck and sass in her own way.  Some of the earlier ones spend a lot of time waiting for their prince to come rescue them.

That's where the full-time fairy princesses and I have our princessy parting of the ways, pals.  Although I like to get along with everybody I can, and follow the rules, if there's a way I can get myself out of a jelly of a jam myself, I am going to do it.  If there's a particular prince I like, I don't just hope he finds me.  I march right up to him and say "Hi!  I'm Princess Zoe, and I like you!  Let's be friends!"

Conversely, if there's a prince that I think is kinda peevish, and he doesn't take my hints that amount to me ignorin' him, then I hafta say, "'Scuse me, Prince, I can't help but notice that you're trying to get my attention, and you have it, however, I must ask you to sit down and direct your attention elsewhere."  Usually that shuts down the situation, except the one time I misread what the prince was trying to tell me, and I stepped in gum.  Oopsies!  Even part-time princesses make mistakes!

So anyways, my style isn't everybody's cuppa magical tea, but I am a princess who likes to take charge of her OWN fate!  That really ought to be more of a Thing.

You know what, though, Big People?  I love ya lots!  And I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment