Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

It's Friday the Thirteenth!

I'm supposed to be superstitious today?
Hiya, Big People! 

Well, it's Friday the Thirteenth.  This is supposed to be a day where we avoid walkin' under ladders and breakin' mirrors and lettin' black cats cross our paths.  Because it's Friday the Thirteenth, and all those things are bad luck.

Why, though?  Well, I understand why it's bad luck to walk under a ladder.  It could fall over on top of you and hurt you, and that's bad luck.  So that's less a matter of superstition and more a matter of common sense, maybe.  Practicality. 

Also practical is the advisement not to break a mirror today, but not just today, but always!  Mirrors are sharp when they break!  And the little shards go EVERYWHERE! 

I don't understand why it's bad luck for a black cat to cross your path, though.  One of my best friends is a black cat named Buddy Cat, and it's GREAT luck whenever he crosses my path!  I just love that cat!  Also, I love all Fridays, even the ones that fall on the Thirteenth!

Don't get all drawn in to all this superstition stuff, Friends!  Be happy that it's Friday!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment