Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Humorous Healer Continuing Education

We're learnin' about insurance codes!
Hiya, Big People! 

Hey, now that I've graduated from Laughter is the Best Medical School, and I've completed my internship and residency and fellowship in Humorous Healing, and now that I'm an attending Doctor of Humorous Healing at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital, I hafta do more school.

That's right.  Continuing Education.

Sometimes the Continuing Education truly is news I can use as I humorously heal my patients.  Updated and emerging technologies in Spirit Lift procedures, new techniques for getting patients to tell me what's really bothering them, ways to ensure that the Humorous Healing Department at the Hospital works like a well-oiled, humorous machine...

Then there are Continuing Eds that we go to and wonder why, as Doctors of Humorous Healing, we're sitting there, wondering why we're even at the Continuing Ed in question.  Today's Continuing Ed, for instance, is not only not really focused on practicing Humorous Healing, but it's boring as all get-out.  For some reason, the C.E. Department at the Hospital sent my colleagues and I to a C.E. about coding for our services.

I'm not saying that coding for our services isn't important.  In fact, there's a whole department that DOES that at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital.  It's how we get paid by our patients' insurance companies, after all. But like I said.  There's a department fulla people who deal with that sort of thing. 

I'm kinda wondering if the C.E. orders didn't get mixed up.  I wonder if the coding and billing department didn't get sent to a doctors' C.E.  Because this isn't just "for your information" coding so that we doctors can make their lives easier in the billing department.  No.  This class seems geared toward someone who's quite well-versed in Humorous Healing Codes already, and from the questions that people besides me and my colleagues are asking, I feel like either we're at the wrong boring C.E., or we missed the first six years of this thing.

Either way, I've been thinking of a buncha new ways to do post-op care for surgical Spirit Lifts, so today wasn't a total bust.

Friends, I'll see ya tomorrow, and I love ya lots!  Muah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment