Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Eschew!

I'm more fluent in the language of the Big People than I am in Babese now!
No, I didn't sneeze, but thanks for saying 'bless you!'  I'll save it for later!

No, I said 'eschew,' because that's what I've done with my first language, Babese, in favor of the Language of the Big People.  I've realized over the last little bit of time that although when I was pretty brand-new, I used Babese exclusively, now that I'm a Big Little Kid, I hardly ever use Babese now.  I speak exclusively Big People. That's called "eschewing," giving up one thing for another.

At first, I was a little bit sad.  Speaking Babese was a big part of who I was when I was a baby.  But it could be frusterating when I had to talk to a Big Person who had long since forgotten how to speak Babese.  A lot of things were left up to interpretation and guessing, so as you can imagine, sometimes I got my diaper changed when what I really wanted was a snack.  Or I got put down for a nap when what I was asking for was a ride to the mall.

Now that I speak the Language of the Big People fluently, I can tell my Big People exactly what I want.  If they misinterpret, it's their fault!

You know, Friends, I really enjoyed my time as a baby. I really did.  But I'm not sad to be growin' up.  I'm not sad to hafta give up speakin' Babese.  I think that some pretty neat things are in store for me, now that I'm gettin' grown-up!

Hey, I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment