Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Believe

Be cynical if ya like, but I choose to Believe!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

Well, ya know, I hear a lot of you Big People say that you'll believe something "when pigs fly," or that something else will happen "when pigs fly," and I understand that you take it to mean that it's impossible for pigs to fly, so the matters in question are equally as impossible.

Friends, I hope that when I grow up, I don't start thinkin' like that.  Wanna know why?  Well, I'll tell ya.

You see, it's so much fun to believe that anything's possible.  Take my friend Believe the Pig here, wings and all.  You tell her pigs can't fly, and she'll just prove ya all kinds of wrong.  You know why?  Because Believe believes she can fly, and that's half the battle, right there.

It's something I call "magical thinking."  If ya look for the magic in the world, Friends, I truly think you'll find it.  The sun comin' up every morning, the moon changing all the ways it does, flowers coming out in the spring, and the leaves changing in the fall.  Sure, those things can be explained by science, and rational explanations, but isn't there also endless wonder wrapped up in the scientific, too?

I don't know, Friends.  I'm not here to tell ya how to live your life or how to think your thoughts.  But I think it's more fun for me to navigate through this world believing in the Wonder of it all, and even believing in a little flyin' pig.

I love ya lots, Big People!  I BELIEVE I'll see ya tomorrow!  Hahahahahaha! 

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment