Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Zoe Blake, FanGirl!

Friends, can you believe it?!  Daniel Tiger and O the Owl!
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, if you've been following along for a little while, you'll know that I am a fan of Daniel Tiger and his whole neighborhood.  Daniel and his friends teach me valuable life lessons with every new episode, but the most valuable life lesson I learn from each episode is to be myself.

You see, Daniel Tiger is kind of an everykid kinda character.  Daniel doesn't always wanna pick up his toys.  Daniel sometimes has to be encouraged to try new foods.  Sometimes he needs to be reassured that his grownups will come back for him.  He's a protagonist that doesn't always have all the answers.

I like that!  It makes him easy for a Little Kid like me to relate to!

His pal O the Owl is a Rule Follower, and he also likes quiet pastimes.  Big on the rules.  Very, very big.  And he loves books, which is great, because his uncle X the Owl is the librarian in the Neighborhood of Make Believe!  Sometimes, though, conflicts between O and the other Neighborhood children ensue, because they DON'T follow all the rules.  They get on O's nerves, and sometimes O gets on their nerves.  Also, O the Owl does not like carrots, because their crunching is too loud.

Miss Elaina is just a bundle of exuberance.  I think I can relate most of all to Miss Elaina.  I, too, am exuberant, which means sparkly and fun.  However, sometimes Miss Elaina's exuberance wears thin on those around her.  I can relate to that, too.  There are times when Miss Elaina needs her space as well, though.  She also does not like tomatoes, because they're too squirty for her.  She REALLY didn't like Mom Tiger's Veggie Spaghetti, so she got to eat plain spaghetti with salad on the side.

Prince Wednesday is Prince Tuesday's younger brother.  Prince Wednesday is a good-hearted little nerd, honestly, Friends.  Kind of like O, but different, too.  Prince Wednesday's thing is he collects rocks.  I bet if the Neighborhood had a chapter of the Moss and Lichen Appreciation Club, Prince Wednesday would be president.  Every so often, I harbor a crush on Prince Wednesday, but if you tell him, Friends, I will deny it. 

Katerina Kitty-Cat likes to dance, but she can be a little spoiled.  I don't know what this is like at all.  When I spazz out because Miss Elaina picked the triangle when I wanted to pick the triangle, it's totally different than when Katerina spazzed out for the same reason.  Katerina is also quite nurturing.  When the Neighborhood Kids play house, Katerina is always the Mommy.

Even though the neighborhood kids can all get on each other's nerves, they each retain their own distinct personalities.  They learn how to live and work and play together, despite them each being their own selves. 

That's what I love about each and every one of 'em!

And I got to meet them all in Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum!  I got to sort letters in the Post Office, and play musical instruments at Music Man Stan's.  I got to work on a clock in the Clock Factory.  I got to hang out in Daniel Tiger's own living room!  And I got to play with Trolley!

If you think I geeked out, you bet I did! 

I am a FanGirl, after all! 

I'm your fan, too, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment